Skinner Collaborative School Committee
Each Denver Public School has a Collaborative School Committee (CSC) formed by community stakeholders to serve as a leadership body for school accountability. The CSC is comprised of educators, parents, and community members to enhance student achievement, parent engagement, and school climate through collaborative efforts.
The meeting minutes from CSC meetings are available and give great insight into important decisions about our school. Click here for more information.
CSC duties include:
- Unified Improvement Plan (UIP) – Review the school’s achievement data, define goals and strategies to drive continued growth and improvement in school performance
- Staffing Allocations – Assist the principal by making recommendations concerning the use of the staffing allocations provided to the school by the Board of Education
- Annual School Budget – Review and approve the annual school budget according to district guidelines that supports the objectives of the UIP
- Calendar and/or Schedule – Making recommendations related to achieving school goals
- Academic Issues (including related policies and procedures) – Gather input from Skinner parents, teachers, and community members, discuss and make recommendations on academic issues as appropriate
The CSC will not:
- Participate in the day-to-day operations of the school.
- Be involved in issues relating to individuals (staff, students, or parents) within the school.
- Be involved in personnel issues.
Additional information about the purpose and scope of the CSC is available on the DPS website.
The Skinner CSC meets monthly. Meetings are open to the public and we welcome and encourage community participation.