5th Grade Families – Get to know Skinner at these upcoming events:
- Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 6:30 – 8:00 pm – Prospective Family Information Night at Skinner Middle School
- Wednesday, November 8, 2016, 6:00 – 8:00 pm – DPS SchoolChoice Expo, Sports Authority Field at Mile High
- Thursday, January 12, 2017, 6:30 – 8:00 pm – Prospective Family Information Night at Skinner Middle School
* No RSVP necessary for the above events
Shadowing Opportunities at Skinner:
Skinner offers 5th graders the opportunity to spend time at Skinner Middle School. Shadowing students are paired with a 6th Grade Skinner Scholar, attend classes with that student and get an inside look at student life at Skinner Middle School.
Shadowing takes place on Friday afternoons (11:25 am – 3:00 pm). Please click here for the Shadowing Flyer for more information.
Space is extremely limited. Please contact Rebecca Caldwell, Marketing/Community Outreach, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-424-1495 to reserve a spot for your 5th grader. Note: Shadowing is offered September-January only.
Please contact Rebecca Caldwell at email@example.com or 720-424-1495 to schedule a tour. Tours are offered at 2:10 pm on Fridays, September thru January.
Why Skinner is your Middle School Choice:
- Click here to see a video all about Skinner Middle School
- Excellent school leadership and award winning, caring teachers. Click here to read what our students have to say about their teachers
- An environment and structure which foster academic success
- Honors course options for all grades
- Daily reading and/or math intervention for students not yet proficient in those subjects
- Extensive resources for nuturing students’ Social/Emotional needs
- “Green” (Meets Expectations) DPS School Performance Framework (SPF) Rating for five years in a row
- Customized learning plan for every student, custom built schedules
- Peer support and intentional adult mentoring in Learning Families
- Comprehensive Spanish-language programming (two full-time teachers)
- Art, STEM, Wood Shop, P.E and Colorado Uplift
- Band, Jazz Band and Orchestra taught by a full-time music teacher
- Four state-of-the-art Computer Labs, classroom sets of iPads and Chromebooks and STEM course offerings
- Fun Friday Enrichment Electives every Friday afternoon.
- Middle School Sports
- Low cost after-school academic and extracurricular classes and daily free tutoring at the Neighborhood Center @ Skinner
- MOST IMPORTANTLY – an absolutely incredible staff who loves our students, and the feeling is mutual. Click here to read some amazing student comments about our 2015-16 Staff.
Click here for more information about the DPS SchoolChoice process: http://schoolchoice.dpsk12.org/
Information about the DPS Northwest Denver Middle School Enrollment Zone – NW Enrollment Zone FAQ16-17